Saturday, October 06, 2007

it's 10:30pm on a saturday night

and I'm sitting in my (almost empty) apartment. I've taken up the 100 item challenge and have been getting rid of things for the past month. I'll be posting a list of just what I have left, I don't think I'm there yet. I've been thinking a lot about a minimalist lifestyle and wondering just what are the advantages to it? Here's what I've come up with.

My website is http://www.thelaziestman.com/ the name came from the saying;
Give the hardest job to the laziest man and he'll find the easiest way to do it!

When I first read that, I didn't think of laziest, but working smarter. Finding the easiest way to do something will save you time.
I'm trying to live the "buy something, get rid of something". I don't need STUFF, but I had a lot of it. The funny thing was, I didn't think I did. I had always said that everything I own would fit into my car. Man was I wrong. So now it's, Why must I buy this instead of why not buy this? At one time I had a blender, food processor, a set of knives, food choppers. Now I just have the knives. I read an article where someone asked a chief what was the most important thing in his kitchen. His answer? A knife. More kitchen stuff is not really going to make the food taste better.

Not having a lot of things is just that less to have to dust.

0 comments: